- 早已,已經 before now or before a stated or suggested time in the past
prior to a specified or implied time;
"she has already graduated"
- I've already paid my membership dues.
- The new rules have already come into play.
- You had already gone when I arrived there.
- I've been there already and don't want to go again.
- Let us begin now; it is already too late.
- The worst is over already.
- This machine is already out of date. It is out of date already.
- I already told you.
- He already knew what she wanted.
- When I called,Jacelin was already dressed.
- He looked for a spectacular end to his already long life.
- When we arrived, he was already there.
- The reading-room lights were already on.
- He was two days late already.
- They continued working, though it was already near midnight.
- I have already done it.
- I have already answered that question.
- I have already got his latest work.
- He has already come back.
- It's 5：30 a.m., but he's already worked.
- He had already left when I called.
- He had already eaten more than he wanted.
- The play had already started when we got to the theatre.
- He had shaved already before dinner, but now he went over his chin a second time.
- When I came in, she was already laying the table.
- When she went downstairs, they were already having their breakfast.
- It was already raining hard when he went out.
- I already have enough trouble on my hands.
- Is he back here already?
- Is my coat dry already?That's quick!
- Are you going to bed already?It's only eight o'clock.
- Have you found it already?
- Have you had breakfast already?
- Have you finished your composition already?You are very speedy.
- Hasn't she sold it already?
- You are not leaving us already, are you?
- Don't tell me you've eaten it already!
The best books..are those that tell you what you know already.出自： G. Orwell
He didn't even hear what I said: he was absorbed already.出自： G. Greene
- already一般用于肯定句中。與動詞搭配時,靜態動詞多用一般式,動態動詞多用完成式。表示與現在時間相比而已經做過的事,即by this time,須用現在完成時; 表示與過去時間相比而已經做過的事,即by that time,用過去完成時或過去進行時。already不用于一般將來時。
Are you back already?
He is already there.
He is all ready there.
- already, still
- 這兩個詞意思相近,但already指比預想的時間早, still指比預想的時間長。試比較以下兩個句子：
- The coffee is cold already.
- The coffee is still hot.
- already, yet
- The guests have already arrived.客人已經到了。
- Have the guests arrived yet?客人到了嗎?
- The guests have not arrived yet.客人還沒到。
- Have you had your lunch yet?
- Have you had your lunch already?
- Have you received your invitation yet?
- Have you already received your invitation?
- 3.yet有時也可用于肯定句中,意思與still相同(仍然,還; 遲早),而與already不同。
- already, all ready
- 這兩者讀起來音相同,但卻絕非一回事。already是副詞, ready是形容詞; already的意思是“已經”, all ready的意思是“全準備好”, all用以表示程度。試比較：
- He is already there.
- He is all ready there.
- The tea is already on the table.
- The tea is all ready on the table.
誤 He already got up.
正 He has already got up.
誤 Already on my fourteenth birthday I knew what I wanted to do with my life.
正 On my fourteenth birthday I already knew what I wanted to do with my life.