- v. 撞擊；墜毀；發出巨響；崩潰；破產；<俚>宿夜
- n. 轟隆聲；猛撞；崩潰；暴跌；垮臺；粗布
- adj. 速成的
- vi. & vt. 撞碎; 撞壞; 墜毀 fall or strike suddenly, violently, and noisily, especially, of things that break
- vi. 發出轟然響聲 make a sudden, loud noise
- vi. 破產 (of a business company, government, etc.) to come to ruin; meet disaster
- [C]撞車事故,失事 a violent vehicle accident
- [C]突然發出的巨響,碰撞聲 a sudden loud noise made e.g. by a violent blow, fall, break, etc.
- [C]破產,失敗 a sudden severe business failure
a loud resonant repeating noise;
"he could hear the clang of distant bells"
a serious accident (usually involving one or more vehicles);
"they are still investigating the crash of the TWA plane"
a sudden large decline of business or the prices of stocks (especially one that causes additional failures)
the act of colliding with something;
"his crash through the window"
"the fullback's smash into the defensive line"
(computer science) an event that causes a computer system to become inoperative;
"the crash occurred during a thunderstorm and the system has been down ever since"
fall or come down violently;
"The branch crashed down on my car"
"The plane crashed in the sea"
move with, or as if with, a crashing noise;
"The car crashed through the glass door"
undergo damage or destruction on impact;
"the plane crashed into the ocean"
"The car crashed into the lamp post"
move violently as through a barrier;
"The terrorists crashed the gate"
break violently or noisily; smash;
occupy, usually uninvited;
"My son's friends crashed our house last weekend"
make a sudden loud sound;
"the waves crashed on the shore and kept us awake all night"
enter uninvited; informal;
"let's crash the party!"
cause to crash;
"The terrorists crashed the plane into the palace"
"Mother crashed the motorbike into the lamppost"
hurl or thrust violently;
"He dashed the plate against the wall"
"Waves were dashing against the rock"
undergo a sudden and severe downturn;
"the economy crashed"
"will the stock market crash again?"
"My computer crashed last night"
"The system goes down at least once a week"
sleep in a convenient place;
"You can crash here, though it's not very comfortable"
- He crashed his car into a wall.
- The rocks crashed down onto the car.
- She was frightened that the plane would crash.
- The plane crashed (into the mountain).
- The thunder crashed.
- What did you type in wrong to get it to crash?
- Mind if I crash (out) on your floor tonight?
- Can I crash with you for tonight?
- The building fell with a crash as loud as thunder.
- It's a marvel that he wasn't killed in the car crash.
- His car was badly wrecked after a crash with the wall.
- It was a miracle that most the passengers survived the plane crash.
- The stock market crash ruined many people.
- The great financial crash in 1929 ruined international trade.
- A stock market crash means it's time to reinvest.
- The project was launched on a crash basis.
- They gave me a three-day crash course.
- About a week was spent in the first semester on a crash course in computing.
- The plane crashed, its bombs exploding as it hit the ground.
- The lightning flashed and thunder crashed.
- The angry elephant crashed through the forest.
- His business crashed last year.
- His great financial scheme crashed.
- John crashed his car last night.
- The driver crashed the bus.
- The pilot crashed the airplane in landing.
- There was a serious car crash this morning.
- The desk lamp fell to the floor with a crash.
- This is the most spectacular financial crash of the decade.
- crash about〔around〕1 (v.+adv.)
在某處踢踢騰騰 make a lot of noise by moving awkwardly
I don't want any of you children crashing about upstairs while your father's asleep.
- crash about〔around〕2 (v.+prep.)
在(某處)踢踢騰騰 make (one place) a lot of noise by moving awkwardly
crash about sth
Please don't crash about the living room while I have visitors in there.
- crash down (v.+adv.)
嘩啦一聲或咔嚓倒下或摔下 fall heavily with a loud noise
crash sth ? down
She crashed the plates angrily down on the table.
- crash into (v.+prep.)
撞上,墜毀 fall or strike suddenly, violently, and noisily
crash into sth
I crashed into a street light and hurt my knee.
The car crashed into a bus on the bridge, and the driver was killed on the spot.
The bus crashed into a big tree.
The aeroplane crashed into the house.
- crash out (v.+adv.)
Three men crashed out of the prison yesterday.
Are you one of the prisoners who crash out?
- crash to (v.+prep.)
撞碎,墜毀 fall or strike suddenly, violently, and noisily
crash to sth
The flowerpot crashed to the sidewalk.
The cup crashed to the floor.
An aircraft was crashed to pieces.
- crash with (v.+prep.)
〈美·非正〉與某人湊合著住或擠在一起 sleep or lodge in the home of (sb) informally
crash with sb
My parents have thrown me out, can I crash with you for tonight?
- crash overhead 頭頂上隆隆響
- crash disastrously 慘敗
- crash heavily 重重地撞在一起
- crash hollowly 沉重地撞擊
- crash incessantly 連續地碰撞
- crash ominously 可怕地墜毀
- crash sickeningly 厭惡地碰撞
- crash thunderously 激烈地碰撞
- crash about 呱嗒呱嗒地走來走去
- crash around 闖來闖去
- crash down (樹)嘩啦一聲倒下
- crash out 墜毀
- crash up against a tree 砰地一聲撞到樹上
- crash a bowl against the wall 把碗向墻上猛擲而碎
- crash in flames 起火墜毀
- crash into 撞在…上
- crash into a pole 撞在燈柱子上
- crash into a tree 撞在樹上
- crash car into the wall 把汽車猛撞在墻上
- crash on the morning air 響徹晨空
- crash through 穿過
- crash through the barrier 撞在障礙物上
- crash one's way through bush 闖過灌木叢
- crash to the floor 掉在地上
- crash to the ground (墻)轟地一聲坍下來
- crash to pieces 撞得粉碎
- crash sth with one's teeth 用牙將某物咬碎
- in the crash 在事故中
The whole forest in one crash descends.出自： Pope
The crash of the sea outside.出自： J. Cheever
A distant crash of colliding vehicles.出自： A. Ayckbourn
Your guns may crash around me. I'll not hear.出自： W. Owen
The glass crashed into pieces on the floor.出自： I. Murdoch
She heard them crashing through the undergrowth, close behind her.出自： D. M. Thomas
- crash into, rush into
- 前者表示非主觀因素而發生的動作,其后果是意想不到的; 而后者表示“為著某種目的”而采取的動作,其后果是早有預料的。
- collapse （使）倒塌
- failure 失敗
- collide 碰撞
- clang （使）發出鏗鏘聲...
- smash 打碎
- run into 偶然遇見
- break 打碎
- break down 分解；發生故障；失敗；毀...
- strike 罷工
- shatter 粉碎
- boom 繁榮
- bang 巨響
- go under 沉沒
- collision 碰撞
- accident 事故
- breakdown 崩潰
- din 喧囂
- bankruptcy 破產
- liquidation （債務的）清償...
- thunder 雷
- tragedy 悲劇
- crack-up (飛機等)撞碎...
- explosion 爆炸
- jangle 發出刺耳聲
- hurtle 猛沖
- shot 注射
- impact 影響
- wreck 使…失事
- doss down <俚>倒頭就睡...
- break up 結束，散會
- go down 下降，下跌
- clangour 玎玎當當聲
- clash 沖突
- barge in 闖入
- break apart 分裂；解體
- doss 睡眠
- clangoring 動詞clangor的現在...
- clangor (尤指連續的)鏗鏘聲...
- gate-crash 擅自入場
- clank 當啷聲
- dash 猛沖
- ram 公羊